View Revisions: Issue #5

Summary 0000005: Incorrect cyrillic characters encoding
Revision 2013-01-13 13:28 by Werner Dworak
Description In my listing details I have entered text in cyrillic, giving contact
details. As I wrote detailed info it got more than 46 characters long.
It looks like in the datebase it was incorrectly encoded as when I
reviewed my listing, my text was truncated displaying just the first 46
characters and not the rest. View of the page source code showed that
each cyrillic character was represented as � (where the digits represented its code) - that is seven character per letter, and having more than 36 letters and about 10 spaces it took 46 symbols to overflow supposed 256 character limit of
that entry field.
Revision 2012-12-16 20:16 by Werner Dworak
Description In my listing details I have entered text in cyrillic, giving contact
details. As I wrote detailed info it got more than 46 characters long.
It looks like in the datebase it was incorrectly encoded as when I
reviewed my listing, my text was truncated displaying just the first 46
characters and not the rest. View of the page source code showed that
each cyrillic character was represented as � (where the digits represented its code) - that is seven character per letter, and having more than 36 letters and about 10 spaces it took 46 symbols to overflow supposed 256 character limit of
that entry field.